- Laptop borrowers must be over the age of 18.
- Laptop borrowers must be cardholders of the Library of at least one year with usage.
- Laptop borrowers must have a cardholder record in good standing (i.e., no overdue books, no outstanding fines).
- Laptop borrowers must agree to the terms of checkout by signing a Library Laptop Checkout Agreement.
- Laptop borrowers must present a valid Library card and a valid driver’s license or other valid identification card at the time of checkout.
- Laptop borrowers bear the responsibility for damage to the laptop due to neglect, abuse, loss, or physical damage.
- Laptop borrowers wishing to save files that they have created must save them to a disk, USB drive, etc. Any documents saved on the laptop will be lost when the laptop is shutdown.
- Laptops shall not be put in the book drop or overnight drop box. They must be returned to a staff member who will check to make sure all items are returned intact.
- If laptops are lost, damaged, or stolen, borrowers are responsible for the replacement cost ($1,000) of the laptop plus any accrued overdue fines.
- If a laptop bag is lost, a charge of $45 will occur. If an AC Adapter/Power Cord is lost, a charge of $75 will occur.
- Laptops may not be used for any illegal purposes.
- If laptops are not returned on time, a fine of $10 per day will be assessed.
- Laptops must be returned to the library on the due date at least 30 minutes before closing. It is mandatory that you remain in the library until staff has checked the laptop in and it has been determined that there is no damage or missing items and an evaluation form has been completed.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis. They cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- Each borrower may only checkout one (1) laptop at a time.
- Laptops will be checked out for a period of three (3) days.
- Laptops are not renewable.
- Laptop borrowers must provide their own accessories (e.g., mouse, headphones, disk, and/or USB drive.) The use of the accessories must not require the installation of any software on the laptop.
- Laptops can connect to the internet utilizing wireless access points at home or anywhere free or paid wireless access is available.
- Laptop borrowers may not install any software on the laptops.
- Laptop borrowers may not alter, delete, or copy any software loaded on the laptop, or otherwise change its existing software or hardware configuration.